All TIBBA breeder members are permitted to actively participate in TIBBA's Cattery of Distinction Inspection Program. After successfully passing the inspection by a Cattery Inspector, completing TIBBA's Cattery Check List and paying the initial annual fee of $20.00, TIBBA member(s) will receive a certificate stating that they have achieved recognition of TIBBA's Cattery of Distinction.
For a period of one (1) year following the date on the certificate, TIBBA member(s) may advertise or otherwise promote their cattery using the Board approved TIBBA Cattery of Distinction Award logo below, stating their cattery is a TIBBA awarded Cattery of Distinction. One may renew their Cattery of Distinction Award by following the procedures set forth for obtaining the initial award and paying the $10.00 renewal fee before the current TIBBA Cattery of Distinction Award expires. No cattery may use such advertising or promotional language during any time when the Cattery of Distinction Award is not in effect. Members who use the Cattery of Distinction Award logo without achieving TIBBA's Cattery of Distinction Award or after the certificate has expired may result in suspension or revocation of membership.
Instructions for Cattery Owners
1. Before the Cattery Inspection is conducted, you must have completed TIBBA's Cattery of Distinction Checklist. View TIBBA's Cattery of Distinction Checklist.
2. In completing TIBBA's Cattery of Distinction Checklist, please use the "Minimum Standards" to help you evaluate the conditions in your cattery. View the "Minimum Standards".
3. If you wish to keep a copy of the completed TIBBA Cattery of Distinction Checklist for your records, make that before the Cattery Inspector arrives.
4. You will give two (2) copies of the blank Cattery Inspection Form and at least one (1) of the "Minimum Standards" sheet to the Cattery Inspector on arrival. View printable "Minimum Standards".
5. The completed Inspection Form must be signed by a Cattery Inspector.
6. At the end of the inspection, you will give the Cattery Inspector the completed Checklist, a $20.00 check payable to TIBBA for the first certification or $10.00 for the annual renewal fee, and a stamped enveloped addressed to TIBBA Cattery of Distinction, 11290 N. Dixie Highway, Bonnieville, KY 42713. Cattery owners do not mail these forms in to TIBBA. This is to be done only by the Cattery Inspector.
7. To be eligible for the renewal fee, the Cattery re-inspection must be conducted before the expiration date on the current certificate.
8. Cattery owners are responsible for any Inspection fees due to Cattery Inspectors.
Instructions for Cattery Inspector
1. As a Cattery Inspector, you must be either a veterinarian or government animal inspector, who is currently licensed by the state in which the inspection is being conducted.
2. TIBBA will be relying on your professionalism to ensure only those deserving, high quality catteries receive cattery approval ratings.
3. In completing TIBBA's Cattery of Distinction Inspection Form, please use the "Minimum Standards" to help you score the conditions of the cattery.
4. It is your responsibility to complete TIBBA's Cattery of Distinction Inspection Form during the inspection. You will complete two copies, keeping one. View TIBBA's Cattery of Distinction Inspection Form.
5. Cattery owners are responsible for any inspection fees due to you.
6. If, for any reason, you feel a cattery does not meet the minimum standards specified on TIBBA's Cattery of Distinction Inspection Form, please annotate the appropriate area(s) as "unacceptable".
7. Please do not pass any cattery with cats and/or kittens exhibiting signs of poor condition or contagious disease where they are not already under appropriate veterinary care.
8. At the end of the inspection, sign TIBBA's Cattery of Distinction Inspection Form, making sure to include your current identification or license number.
9. The Cattery owner will give you a copy of the completed TIBBA's Cattery of Distinction Checklist, a check payable to TIBBA and, a stamped enveloped addressed to TIBBA Cattery of Distinction Program, 11290 N. Dixie Highway, Bonnieville, KY 42713.
10. You will mail the check, the Checklist and the Inspection Form in the envelope provided by the owner(s).
11. Keep the other copy of the completed TIBBA's Cattery of Distinction Inspection Form for your own records.
Home Board Code of Ethics Constitution Standard Bengal History How to Join Blooper Gallery Photos & Articles Glossary General Gallery News Letter Pet Members Pet Gallery TIBBA Products
Alphabetical Members List Breeders' Listings By State Breeders' Listing by Region The Leopard Cat Photo Gallery Parade of Excellence 'Cutting Edge' Bengal Gallery Cattery of Distinction Inspection Program
Photo Galleries of all TIBBA recognized
Championship Colors and Patterns
Brown Spotted Brown Marbled Seal Lynx Spotted Seal Lynx Marbled Seal Mink Spotted Seal Mink Marbled Seal Sepia Spotted Seal Sepia Marbled Silver Spotted Silver Marbled
Blue Spotted Blue Marbled
All text and photographs are the property of TIBBA and may not be copied, reproduced or reprinted without written authorization.
Disclaimer Background courtesy of the late Shaun Capovilla
All Rights Reserved
Some Graphics Courtesy of
Some Scripts Courtesy of